• Theatre Show "A Bad year for Tomatos" will be performed 11/19, 11/20, 11/21 @ 7pm & 11/23 @ 2:30pm

• Spanish Club Meeting Every Tuesday 3 pm K101

• JV Football v Desoto 10/20 @ 5:30pm

• FASFA workshops will be held October 13th, 19th, & 27th

• FAFSA/TAFSA information meetings will be held October 11th, 17th, & 25th

• Varsity Football v Desoto 10/21 @ 7:30pm

• Boys Golf Tour 10/25

• Algebra 1 tutoring every Tuesday&Thursday Rm. B262& M108 3:15-4:15

• Biology Tutoring 3:15-4:15 every day Room K116

• Varsity Volleyball v Cedar Hill 10/25 @ 6:30pm

• Seniors post a photo of you with your college shirt on Instagram or Twitter #Collegebounddhs for yearbook spread

The student news site of Duncanville High School
Filed under Features, News

Freshman dance features New York style

Freshman dance features New York style

Club Fresh members have been working for weeks on the decorations for the April 2 Freshman Ball. (Abigail Padgett photo)

The music will play, the cameras will flash, and memories will be made when the first freshman ball comes to the West Cafeteria  April 2.

“This group of freshman are special enough to have an event like this,” said Club Fresh sponsor Miss Baker. “They can expect to have some fun in a safe environment with their friends.”

After being postponed for a month, tickets for the ball will go on sale in the West Cafeteria Thursday for the event. The tickets can be prepaid for $5 or $8 at the door. Club Fresh members are spending hours after school working on the decorations, and getting ready for for the ball which will be decorated like New York.

“It takes hard work and students giving their time to put together a major production such as this dance,” Baker said. “The students have created some awesome decorations for this event.”

The ball is for freshman only and will feature a Disc Jockey and New York style food for the night.

Baker said she expects more of a re

“I hope that by postponing this will have more turn out for the event,” Baker said.  “We have had more time to promote it and plan even better things for the night.”

“The DJ is excellent, he has a special light show and videos on a screen, I got the best for the Freshman,”  Baker said.  “The food will be great and everyone will love this event.

Nothing will be halfway done, from round tables to a set for photos. It’s not formal but it is dressy.

“Nice pants and nice shirt, it’s your night, the next dance you’ll have is prom.” Miss Baker. “You don’t want to miss the Ball.”

See more photos of Club Fresh ball decorations here.

Please follow and like us: