The student news site of Duncanville High School

Panther Prints

Theatre Department to present UIL One Act Play ‘Disassembly’ to school March 2-4

Seniors Ayana Reed and Atziri Zubiri practice their parts in the UIL One Act play. ( Photo by Karen Gaytan )

Theatre will present their annual UIL show  Thursday March 2-4 at 7pm the show in the performance hall with free admission to everyone. The Theatre UIL cast will be presenting a dark comedy, Disassembly.

The show is geared for  all to enjoy with a unique blend of fiction, but based in reality, a slight twist of mystery and comedy.  Senior Artemio Cobos, who plays Evan the narrator in the play, gives insight to the show and the writing style of the playwright Steve Yockey.

“The show itself is extremely clever in nature and is funny in its own right,” Cobos said. “The characters themselves are diverse and none are without their secrets and motives.”

Senior Atziri Zubiri gives hints to the audience about the characters and to watch out for the little things because there are many surprises in store.

“Every character is different, with their own pasts and problems,” Zubiri said. “There was a lot of work put in to make these characters our own, so watch out for the clues and hints to figure each of them out.”

Senior Ayana Reed said working with the cast is an great experience even with the ups and downs .

“Some days I don’t want to leave rehearsal. I consider all my cast members close friends that share my passion for theatre and living life to the fullest.” Reed says.”I’ve known most of them for a very long time and even though there were days I wanted to toss a prop or two at them…I know they have my back.”

Cobos said the diversity of grades in the play is not the grade itself that’s diverse it’s the age mentality of each actor.

“Some of the cast are younger than others but act older, and vice versa.”Cobos says “Overall, everyone can and does bring something to the table when it’s show time.”

Cobos says the lesson to learn from the show is to let go because even though it might hurt in the end, it can be the best decision for everyone.

“An important lesson that I feel should be recognized is that holding on to something for too long can be damaging in an emotional way and has dire consequences,” Cobos said “Letting go is the hardest but can be the best thing for a person.”

Reed said if there is anything to look for in the play it is the multiple lessons given from the opening fable “The Fox and the Crow.”