The student news site of Duncanville High School

Panther Prints

Filed under Sports, Top Stories

Cross Country Runner looking for assistance to run 2017 AAU Junior Olympic Games

Junior Isaiah Price runs his race at the Bob Alpert track meet during last year's track meet. (Karen Gaytan photo)

Junior track and cross country runner Isaiah Price trained all summer in an effort to qualify for the 2017 AAU Junior Olympic Games July 31-August 1 in Detroit, Michigan. During this time he has put himself in position to be a front runner in the race but needs support to fund the trip.

“All summer long Coach Ray, my elite coach has been telling me I am not going to let them pass me up at the end of the race anymore,” Price said. “My goal is to win my race in August.”

Price is currently ranked second in then Nation in the AAU 3000 meter run Junior Olympics and says he will I will also be running the 1500 meter run as well.

“All year long I have been second for everything behind our number one runner on the team,” Price said. “But I have been training all summer in hopes of being the next varsity district champion so I can have a banner in the cross country hall with my name on it.”

Price said although he has received a lot of help this summer, he credits his middle school coach Patrick Kirby and his high school cross country coach Leisa Reed for helping him reach his goals.

“I could have never been as good as I am without them,” Price said. “They kept pushing me even when I didn’t want to be pushed.”

Price said he hopes to make Duncanville proud when he competes in the Junior Olympic Games.

“I can not wait for the Olympics to start,” Price said. “I am thankful for all those who supports me and donates to help me reach my dream of being a champion.”

To help Price with the $2,000 it will take for him to attend the Olympic games there is  a go fund me page set up.  You can donate any amount you would like and everything goes to help him make it to the Olympic games.  He is currently just under $1K short of his goal and needs to get as close to that as possible by the end of July.

Donate Here

You can also watch him run his races Here